Dr. Benjamin V. Koren grew up in Durham, North Carolina where he attended Jordan High School. He went on and received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Biology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Dr. Koren was accepted to the University of North Carolina’s prestigious dental program and completed his Doctoral of Dental Surgery degree in 1999. He then was chosen to be part of the Health Professions Scholarship Program sponsored by the United States Air Force. He completed a post doctoral study in Advanced Education in General Dentistry at Barksdale Air Force, Louisiana and went on to practice two years at Holloman Air Force Base, New Mexico. While serving his country for three years in the United States Air Force, Dr. Koren earned the National Defense Service Medal.
Dr Koren was also recently appointed as the only dentist on the Medical Care Advisory Committee (MCAC) of NC by the Secretary of Health and Human Services.
- United States Air Force Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Barksdale AFB, Louisiana
- University of North Carolina School of Dentistry, D.D.S. degree
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A. Biology degree
HONORS, AWARDS, AND SCHOLARSHIPS:
- National Defense Service Medal, Department of Defense
- Health Professions Scholarship Program, United States Air Force
- University of North Carolina School of Dentistry Dean’s List
- Dr. Ronald Strauss Community and International Award
- D.D.S. Student Research Fellowship
- Dr. Claude Adams Jr. Dental Scholarship
SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS / DENTAL ORGANIZATIONS:
- American Dental Association Member
- NC Dental Society Member
- Raleigh Wake County Dental Society Member
- Medical Care Advisory Committee (MCAC) of NC
- UNC Dental Alumni Association
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity, Chi Upsilon Chapter
- Adjunct Professor at the University of North Carolina Dental School
- Holloman Air Force Base – Comprehensive and Emergency Care
- Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Intravenous Sedation, and Forensic Dentistry